If above does not help STAY WHERE YOU ARE.
- Stop and think. Stay calm.
- Recheck your navigation and maps
- Re tracing your steps a short distance may assist. Locate your last known point if possible.
- Gaining some height may assist in orientation and communications
- Shelter. Find or make shelter to stay warm and dry.
- Call for help. Use communication devices you have with you; e.g. radios, mobile phones, satellite phones, SPOTs etc.
Activate your PLB. If other communications are not possible and there is a threat of grave and imminent danger, activate your Distress Beacon (PLB or EPIRB) if you have one.Make your position visible to searchers on land and in the air; e.g. lighting a fire or leaving bright clothing in an open area that can be seen.Stay together. If you are in a group stay together, never separate.Stay warm and dry. Be aware it can take a considerable time for rescuers to reach you so your priority is to remain warm and dry.Ration your food and water if necessary. Source local water if possible and it is safe to do so.Wait for rescue
- Call your designated Contact People
- Call 000 and ask for Police [more information]